Another great tune to learn for Halloween, in this video lesson you will learn how to play Monster Mash on guitar. It’s an easy guitar lesson though. There’s only a few Monster Mash guitar chords you need to know for this tutorial and it’s all just strumming (no single note picking or any of the fancier stuff). So, check it out and you learn how to play Monster Mash on guitar in minutes!
How to play Monster Mash on guitar!
To learn more fun and popular songs like this one in step-by-step, note for note, video lessons taught by professional guitar instructors, be sure to check out this page.
Did you find this lesson on how to play Monster Mash on guitar helpful? If so, click the “Like” button and share it!
Fun Monster Mash song trivia (from Wikipedia)…
- “Monster Mash” is a 1962 novelty song and the best-known song by Bobby “Boris” Pickett.
- The song was released as a single on Gary S. Paxton’s Garpax Records label in August 1962 along with a full-length LP called The Original Monster Mash, which contained several other monster-themed tunes.
- The “Monster Mash” single was #1 on the Hot 100 chart on October 20–27 of that year, just before Halloween. It has been a perennial holiday favorite ever since.
- The Beach Boys covered the song just two years after its original release, on their 1964 album Beach Boys Concert.
- Boris Karloff was so taken with the song that he performed it himself on a 1965 episode of Shindig!.
- Actor Vincent Price recorded a version of it as well in 1977.
- A 1978 Halloween episode of Happy Days featured Ron Howard performing a rendition of the song, using a Peter Lorre impression rather than Pickett’s Karloff one.
Want more lessons like this Monster Mash guitar chords tutorial? See: Best Online Guitar Training Reviews