Make Money with Guitar Training!
How would you like to make money with guitar training recommendations that you believe in and want to share with the world? That’d be pretty sweet, right? After all, you wouldn’t need to create the training yourself because it already exists and there‘s no need to re-invent the wheel, right? Now, what if I also told you that you didn’t even have to build a website to promote the product if you didn‘t want to? What if you didn‘t even need to take the orders or fulfill delivery of the orders? What if you just shared a link and got a commission whenever someone bought (and in some cases just tried out) the product you were recommending? My friend, welcome to the exciting world of “affiliate marketing“!
What is affiliate marketing?
You recommend products or services you’ve tried and believe in and that you feel are worthy of recommending to others. You are an “affiliate” of the vendor (not their employee) and your role is to help market their product/service to an audience that has expressed an interest in it (not spamming). In return for helping to spread the word about the product or service, the merchant pays you a commission when your recommendation results in a sale (or, in some cases, a lead). You simply sign up to be an affiliate of the merchant whose product or service you wish to recommend. You are provided a login portal where you will login to get your custom link(s), banners, etc. that contain your unique affiliate ID number. It’s this ID that gets tracked and ensures you get credit for the sales and/or leads you provide to the merchant.
There are many benefits to affiliate marketing:
- You don’t need to create the product or service yourself.
- You’re promoting products/services you believe in and are proud to tell the world about.
- You can work at it as much or as little as you like.
- You can focus on a niche you already have an interest in (such as guitars!).
Who are the best candidates for this opportunity?
This opportunity is perfect for anyone who is passionate about guitar and looking to earn extra cash. It doesn’t matter whether you’ve been playing for years or at the beginning stage of your guitar journey. It’s easily done from home or a dorm room which makes it ideal for:
- Work-at-home moms/dads
- Anyone who may already have a full-time job and is seeking a side-income
- Anyone seeking to raise funds for a special project or trip
What kind of earnings can I expect?
Like most anything in life, what you get out of it will typically be proportional to what you put into it. Since I don’t personally know you, you work ethic, nor the methods you’ll be using to promote your affiliate link, there’s no way I can promise you specific earnings (nor even guarantee that you’ll earn anything).
If you’re goal is to just make a little extra occasional cash, you can likely succeed in that by just being consistent in doing the basics like:
- Sharing your affiliate link with your friends via email
- Sharing your affiliate link on social media sites you use (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc).
- Sharing your affiliate link when you meet someone who is learning guitar or wants to.
- Placing your link in your email signature so those you email see it consistently.
If you’re looking for more of a part-time level of income, you’ll need to do more. Some additional ideas to add to those mentioned above could include:
- Creating a blog journaling your own personal guitar journey and share your link in your posts.
- Creating a YouTube channel and post your link in your channel.
- Creating review videos and place your link in the video descriptions and annotations.
- Creating a community page on Facebook and share your link there.
- Placing your link in your signature of any guitar related forums/groups to which you belong.
Are Full-Time Incomes Possible?
Yes, there are some affiliate marketers who earn thousands per month, but be prepared to do the work it requires! Affiliate marketing is no get rich quick scheme.
In addition to employing the above suggestions, it may require you obtain a dedicated website focused on guitar training (or some other aspect of guitars that you enjoy) which features your affiliate links and then promotion of your site through proper SEO (search engine optimization) and/or PPC (pay per click) ads and/or solo ads (paid ads appearing in others’ newsletters they send to their own relevant email lists).
You may need to get creative and develop contests, viral videos and/or memes, and other promotional content. You may also need to develop pages that represent your brand on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
To maximize your results, you may wish to build an email list and create trust and rapport with your list so they are engaged and responsive to your offers.
Does it Cost Anything to Join?
No. There is no cost (other than a few minutes of your time) to signup to be an affiliate of this program Depending on how you share your affiliate link, there may not be any cost to share your link either (other than the cost of your own internet connection which you already have anyway). You can even create your own blog at no charge on one of the free blogging platform such as WordPress.com, Blogger.com, LiveJournal.com, or Tumblr.com. There are even some free website building platforms that will give you more flexibility if you want more than just a simple blog. The downsides to these free option are that you typically have to accept that some kind of ads will be shown on your site (and, worse, they may be unrelated to your niche) in return for their providing you with a website and hosting it at no charge. You also would have limited flexibility in developing the site compared to a site you fully control yourself.
However, if you decide to share your link via paid ads you would, of course, incur those costs. If you decide you want your own website on your own domain, you would incur the costs of the domain name registration, web space hosting, and possibly site development depending on whether you hire a developer to build out your website or whether you choose to do it yourself using a Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress.
Naturally, the information provided here is intended as a general overview and is not intended to be a complete list of all possible costs or caveats involved in affiliate marketing. But for those willing to put in a little effort and do a bit of self-study on affiliate marketing best practices, the rewards can be well worth it.
How to get started:
- Check out the affiliate programs I’ve listed below and apply to the ones that interest you.
- Once you’re account has been approved, you’ll receive your account login details.
- Login to your account to get your personal affiliate link(s) and/or banners you wish to use.
- Start sharing your link(s)/banner(s) using the above ideas and any others you come up with!
Here’s my recommended guitar-related affiliate programs:
Guitar Training Affiliate Programs
Why I like it:
- They offer a ton of various guitar training programs covering every style.
- They offer 3 types of training: self-study courses, 8-week workshops, and 1-on-1 tutoring.
- Earn commissions on your own sales plus on the sales of those you refer to the program!
Guitar Gear Affiliate Programs
- Read up on the latest affiliate marketing rules and best practices. Here’s some resources that can help you learn the ropes of online marketing and earn more as a guitar training affiliate…